The application process for the “Fellowship Programme for Young Government Officials from the Western Balkans “Supporting Excellence and Leadership in Governance” is consisted of three stages:
- 1st Stage:
27 July – 21st September 2009
Submitting the Online Application Form
- 2nd Stage
Sending additional documents via email, if requested
- 3rd Stage
: 1st October – 10th October 2009
Interviews upon Invitation
Short-listed candidates will be notified of the results by e-mail in the third week of September 2009, followed by an invitation for an interview. The candidates will need to confirm their attendance at the interview within 5 days of receiving the notice.
Information regarding the final selection will be sent by the European Fund for the Balkans in the last week of October 2009.
Applications will be made exclusively from 27 July to 21 September 2009 via the online application form. Applications sent by post, fax or e-mail will not be considered!
1. Online Application (1st Stage)
In order to apply for the Fellowship Programme you must use the on-line application system. On the page www.balkanfund.org/fellowship2010, you should click on the “Apply” button. You will then have to fill in the on-line application form and submit it before the deadline (21 September 2009 CET).
All applications must be made on-line using this system. The EFB will not accept applications sent by post, fax or e-mail.
Before beginning the application process, you will need to have a valid e-mail address in order to register. You will be able to register with the same e-mail and password more than once. However, you will not be able to save your details and return to complete the application at later date. Therefore, make sure that you study carefully the application form and prepare the necessary documents (see below) before you start the on-line application process.
The application must be completed in English. You will be requested to upload the following documents:
- Detailed CV in English (maximum 3 pages). Please upload a detailed CV in English. The CV should not be longer than 3 pages and should include history of your relevant professional experience to date and summary of your educational and academic background, such as, name of your employing organisation, job title, number of months/years spent in each position, description of your duties and responsibilities, details of the work you have carried out, and similar.
- Confirmation by an employer. You are asked to upload a signed and stamped letter of consent/confirmation from your supervisor stating that you will be approved the necessary leave of absence from April 2010 to July 2010 (for the duration of 3 months), in case you are accepted for the Fellowship Programme.
When filling out the application form, you will be asked to provide information which requires writing for longer. You can write the text in advance in the standard text writing programmes and copy/paste in the appropriate field of the application form.
Please take into account the following instructions:
- Motivation Letter: We expect from you to write a motivation letter, one to two pages long (maximum of 5.000 signs, or 300 words), with a detailed presentation of your motive in applying for the Programme, as well as your intermediate and long-term professional goals and expectations about your visit to the host institution. You should be as specific as possible: why do you want to participate in the Programme, to which institution and what kind of experience are you hoping to gain there? What benefits do you and/or your institution expect from your stay in the EU member state and your participation in the seminars? How do you see the prospects for cooperation in the region after the completion of the Programme and your participation in an alumni network?
- Programme Preferences: In this section, you are requested to outline your preferences regarding a host country and host institution. In case you cannot decide on the preferred host institution at this stage, you can choose the preferred host country and state your field of interest. We would especially appreciate if you are able to provide a contact person at your preferred host institution(s). This information would enormously contribute to the success and fastness of your placement. The deployment to the host institution is made on a case-by-case basis taking into consideration the preferences outlined in the application form, your profile, the professional interests, the language skills and the strategic interests of your employer. Therefore, please think carefully about your preferences in your deployment. You may also wish to consult with your employer. In addition, take into account that it is not always possible to match your wishes. The selection of a place of deployment during the application is not binding, but it will help us in making a final decision about the choice of the host institution.
Only after you submit the application by clicking on “Submit” we will be able to register it. You will receive a notification from the EFB which confirms the receipt of your application. In case you wish to print a copy of your application, you will be able to do so before submitting it.
2. Submission of further documents via e-mail (2nd Stage)
After the pre-selection has been carried out by the EFB, you may be requested to send your university diploma by e-mail. The copy of the diploma should be sent together with the translation into English language.
3. Personal interview (3rd Stage)
After the applications have been short listed, the candidates will be called for an interview, which will take place in the period between 1st October and 10th October 2009. In case you are selected, you will be provided with all necessary information by the end of October 2009.